Saturday, October 8, 2011

PAINT ON THE DONKEY

Finally had time to finish prepping all the sheet metal, ready for paint. Spent the best part of a day, making custom stands for each part, So the painters did not have to sit the tinware on boxes or hang off wire. Each stand could also be stood end on, to spray the underside.


 Kjell Paterson, "VON PATO" is a local Gold Coaster that has been making his mark in the old school pinstripe arena, This is the first time I have had an opportunity to make use of Kjell's talent, and I am very happy with the result. The Gloss white stripes on the flat Bone paint has come out fantastic.
 My Very good friend, Alberto, Of Marquise flooring, is responsible for the panel and paint, his boys made an extra fine job of perfecting the finish on my sheet metal, and applied the PPG Matt clear over the Sandstone grey. and did not charge me nearly enough for the time they spent on it. THANKS ALBERTO.

 Next you will notice the hard stainless steel oil lines, that I have spent most of a day bending up.
and also I ball mill machined the end of the Hydraulic clutch actuator cover, to add a shaved fin look to it,

 Some fine detail visible is the small holes above the rear plated mount.

No comments:

Post a Comment